Tuesday, June 23, 2015

June 22, 2015 "American's don't like to clean..." LOL

          Week 53


I have my new companion! He is way cool. He is from Rio de Janeiro and he has all of the accent from Rio. He is my most dedicated and efficient companion so far. That makes me happy. He is 10 months into the mission. 

We have been having some success here recently. Our most progressive investigator is Juli. He has been going to church for several months now and the only thing he needs to do is get married. He is getting married Friday, then he will be baptized on the 4th of July. His wife, Pat, went to church for the first time yesterday which is really good news. I think that she knows that she will be baptized, but she doesn´t want to be baptized right now. Her words were, "I´m not ready to jump into the water tomorrow even though I liked the church." Haha.

Our week was focused on visiting ex-investigatores. Gual and his family are way cool, and they are the most rich investigators that I´ve had. We invited them to chruch, but Gual denied. However, his wife said that their kids would like to go! They went! Mat and Vic. I don´t know if they will be baptized soon, but we need to catch Vic before he goes back to the U.S. in August.

I had one of the worst experiences the other day. I was walking down the road and out of nowhere, I feel this really warm sensation run down my arm. I flipped out. When I looked, I saw a red grime. I looked up to see that a bird had pooped on me..... to make it worse, we were nowhere near anybody, so we went looking for the closest investigator, but instead, we found bishop on the side of the road and he took us home to get washed. I'm glad that it didn´t stain.

Last week, Sister Canuto came to our house again. She racistly called me out saying, "I know that Americans don't like to clean. You have to do your part!" I humbly agreed. When she entered into our kitchen and saw the stove clean she asked who cleaned it. I kept quiet while the other elders told her that it was me. Her jaw dropped and said, "Wow! You get a point E. Sullivan." To make it better, they explained that I cleaned the fridge and the microwave. I racked up my points like crazy. She said that she has never seen a clean microwave on the mission. I then taught her what "brownie points". She really liked the idea. haha

Elder Sullivan


No comments:

Post a Comment