Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Apr. 20, 2015 which one of us is the lazy eyed man looking at?


         44 weeks


This week was interesting.

Unfortunately, we went over to Mar's house (An's wife). We went to talk with her a little more about the baptism and she said that she doesn't want to be baptized.... talk about upset. She said, "everything in the church was different than what she grew up with." Duh, it is kind of like a different church. There will be new things. We had everything planned out so that An would baptize her. He has already received the Priesthood, so he is ready to baptize her. Now she doesn't want to get baptized. I'm a little frustrated.

One contact that we did was really funny. He had a really strong lazy eye. After we told him who we were, he looked at me or my companion (I still don't know which one of us) and he said that he has the power to cure! All you have to do is draw the shape of the cross 3 times and the person is cured! "You don't need a prayer or anything!" LOL

We finally had a little success with one person that we met on the side of the road. She was smoking and after I offered a prayer, she let us into the house. There were about 5 little teenage girls in that house and I think that my companion and I are the first people they've seen from outside of their country. They sat there whispering and laughing when we talked.... The mom said she has always wanted to visit another church, and she became more interested when we explained that our church did not branch off of a different church. We'll see what happens tonight.

The most uncomfortable contact ever. We knocked on a door and a young man came to the door in just headphones around his neck and underwear about the size of a speedo. When he answered the door, my first thought was "Gay! Do not enter!" He said that a bunch of college guys lived there. I tried to talk really fast and leave that place. 

That's my week
Love,
Elder Koby Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment