Monday, February 16, 2015

Feb. 16, 2015 got lost and found a river

          Month 8


We found a thrift store in our area. It was really cheap, but they had nothing that fit me. We found church pants and shoes for only 1R$!!!! They had everything, but nothing worked for me unfortunately... people are smaller here. 

We had an emergency division on Thursday because appearently my companion was wanting to go home. I had just talked with him and he told me what he was feeling, but it was something that every missionary goes through, so I didn't think much of it, but he almost called to go home. Luckly the zone leaders called for an emergency division just before he called. He is better now. They talked him into his senses.

Carnaval has started. What does that mean? Iniquity....Don't enter the center of the city. My city is small but still really bad. I can only imagine the northern part of brazil.

Valentines day we did another division with the District Leader. I stayed with the american, E. Lowder. We had planned to do a bunch that day, but then we got a little lost and ended up at the end of the city. We saw a sign that said that the Waterfall was up that road, but it didn't say how far. We started up that road and walked a good three hours....We found the waterfall though!! :) The waterfall wasn't too impresive, but the river was. I have never seen a river so big! (pics below). I would return there.

The week was good. I hope yours was :)

Love
Elder Koby Sullivan

The start of our walk:



It's green here.


more green.


I saw a crane.


biggest river I have ever seen.



Koby on bridge crossing: Cachoeira de Emas



Doing a split with another American, Elder Lowder.


YAY! A PICTURE OF KOBY!!!


This is a picture of the bridge we were on.


I don't know why I took this picture.


More pictures of the river. (If you could see a bigger picture of this, there is a beach close to that house where it is a popular swimming spot for people. Thanx: Google maps.)



A cool sidewalk.








1 comment: